Thursday, August 26, 2010

Garden Rubble

Morning all,
A miracle has occured. The heat: the oppressive, overwhelming, break my brain HEAT seems to have given us a reprieve. Likely short lived, but aren't we all really. In recent news, since the temp has dropped under 100 degrees, Matt and I ripped out the summer garden after a dinner at Sweet Tomatoes last evening and have plans to amend the soil and get ready for the fall planing of spinach, beets, radishes, carrots, pumpkins, lettuce and whatever else I can ponder for the space after I rip out the rest of the basil and peppers.

I am hoping that with the cooler weather I will also be able to make better use of my kindle which for now has not been getting the reading love and attention that it deserves. I also still have a few "real" books that are not available in digital yet that I need to get off the shelf and into my head. Most notably, "Little, Big" which has come highly recommended and just aches for Fall reading with fae nature abounding.

This summer has seemed to be a time of lighter reading. Short stories, Sookie Stackhouse, graphic novels in bite sized formats. Thinking about graphic novels I am looking forward to the release of Dark Rain: A New Orleans Story by Mat Johnson. I really enjoyed his tale Incognegro inspired by the life of Walter White and by the birth of Johnson's twin girls, one with traditionally dark skin and the other pale enough to be presumed caucasian. A serious graphic novel, but well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment