Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Burnt Offerings, A Stir of Echos, and Heroes

This weekend was spent reading and gardening. Finished Robert Marasco's 1973 novel "Burnt Offerings" on Saturday. Gothic little work about a house/family that absorbes life energy from fresh victims every few years as a way to ...remodel lets say. Some people just paint. Worth the read though. Almost a ghost story, at least emotionally, and deserves to be better known then it is. Sunday I decided to stick with the theme and read Richard Matheson's "A Stir of Echos". Not my favorite of Matheson's works, and absoultly nothing like the movie with Kevin Bacon, but still worth a quick read. At this point I feel like I want to keep devouring novels, but I am not sure what to read next. On the hot list I have Stephen King's " Black House", James Ellroy's "The Black Dahlia", Max Allan Collins and Righard Piers Rayner's "Road to Perdition", and Susan Minot's "Evening". Not sure which one will take the hot seat, but I will let you know.

For now I am going to drink my coffee and watch "Heroes: Season One" While I get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment