Friday, April 10, 2009

How does YOUR garden grow?

Most of my time in the past week or so has been eaten up by all things gardening. I got it in my head that I wanted to start tomatoes, habaneros, radishes, basil, nasturtiums, spicy micro greens, sweet bell peppers, and cat grass all from seed and have been running around cleaning out fish tanks to use as mini-greenhouse/grow light set-ups when I realized that nothing was getting enough light. Why do I always do this in the springtime? I also cheated a little with some pre-established plants and filled my strawberry pot with English Thyme, Lemon Thyme, Coconut Thyme, Grapefruit Mint, and Chocolate mint and threw some watercress into a pot as well. They seem to be doing well, but I am a bit impatient with everything.

All the cliches about spring renewal seem to be hitting me all at once. The days get a little bit longer and flip-flops start being viable footwear - not just wishful thinking, and suddenly projects start popping into my head. I have to start my garden and go through the book shelves, get back into the habit of the gym, etc, etc. So my question, the point of all this, is how do I make all this renewed energy and drive last? How does one take spring and bottle it for later when it is too hot, too cold, or just glum and gloomy? Anyone who figures it please out send me a diagram and I will get started strait away, or at least as soon as I get my seeds in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment